Are you renovating a kitchen or bathroom? Cornelius Electrical Contractors specializes in lighting your renovations.
Why do we want to Control the Lighting?
- To see when its Dark
- Enhance Décor
- Create Mood
- Ensure Safety and Security
Customer Lighting Problems
- Not Enough
- Unattractive Fixtures
Five Basic Lighting Effects
Most rooms benefit from a Combination of Effects, not just one.
How do we see light
- We do not see light directly, except when looking at the source.
- We do see light reflected off of surfaces and objects
- We see objects when light reflects off of them
- Brightness is how much light is emitted or reflected by an object or surface
Sources of Light
- Incandescent: Tungsten filament in argon or krypton gas with a little nitrogen.
- Halogen/Xenon: Tungsten filament in Halogen or Xenon gas. 10%-20% more efficient than incandescent.
- LED: (Light Emitting Diode) Circuit Board
- Fluorescent: An electric arc excites the gas in a tube, Mercury in the gas emits Radiation, causing the phosphor coating of the lamp to glow.