Smart doorbells are a type of home security device that use internet connectivity and a camera to allow homeowners to see and communicate with visitors at their front door remotely, usually through a smartphone app. Some features of smart doorbells include motion detection, night vision, and two-way audio. They can also be integrated with other smart home devices such as lights and locks.
If you are not comfortable as a do-it-yourselfer give us a call. 321-529-1115
Installing a smart doorbell typically involves the following steps:
- Charge the doorbell: Many smart doorbells come with a rechargeable battery, so it’s important to charge it fully before installation.
- Gather necessary tools: You’ll need a screwdriver, drill, and level to install the doorbell. Some doorbells also come with additional hardware, such as anchors and screws.
- Remove the old doorbell: Turn off the power to the doorbell circuit by flipping the switch on the circuit breaker. Then, use a screwdriver to remove the old doorbell button.
- Mark the location: Hold the new doorbell in place and use a pencil to mark the location of the screws.
- Drill pilot holes: Use a drill to create pilot holes for the anchors.
- Install the anchors: Insert the anchors into the pilot holes and tap them in with a hammer.
- Attach the doorbell: Place the doorbell over the anchors and use the screws to attach it to the wall.
- Connect the doorbell: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the doorbell to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Test the doorbell: Once the doorbell is connected, test it to ensure that it is working properly.
It’s important to follow the specific instructions that come with your doorbell as the installation may vary depending on the brand and model of the doorbell.